The 2017 Sovereign Resort Hotel
Annual Barramundi Competition
20th to 22nd of October
With over $30,000 in Prizes to be won including a Quintrex 420 Renegade SC.
A huge thankyou all our amazing sponsors including our major sponsor Great Northern Brewing Co.
For entry forms and conditions, please download the links below.
Competition Terms Entry Form 2017 Poster
Sovereign Resort Hotel Barramundi Fishing Competition 2017
Terms & Conditions
- This is an all tackle fishing competition. Any breaking strain fishing line, fished on rod & reel or hand line to affect the capture of the competition target species is accepted.
- Registration forms are available at Sovereign Resort Hotel in reception, café bar and the website www.sovereignresort.com.au
- The official weighing station will be in operation in the carpark of the Sovereign Resort Hotel. Times for the facility are;
Saturday 21st October 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Sunday 22nd October 9:30am to 12:00pm sharp.
The weighing official will weigh all fish.
- Gilled and gutted weight will be the official weight for the competition.
- Undersized Barramundi (less than 58cm) must be returned to the water. Barramundi over 90cm will not be accepted for weigh in. Undersized Mangrove Jack (less than 35cm) must be returned to the water.
- These rules and all other Queensland recreational fishing and boating rules apply, including size and bag limits.
- Registration will be accepted until 12.00pm Saturday 21st October at the Sovereign Resort Hotel reception.
- Fishing times are Friday 20th October 2017 11.00am to Sunday 22nd October 2017 11:30am
- All fishing is to be conducted on Cape York between Wujal Wujal (Southern Boundary) and Cape Melville (Northern Boundary).
- All competitors will fish within all relevant rules and regulations as defined by the Qld Department of Fisheries and Queensland National Parks.
- All fish must be presented for weighing by 12:00pm Sunday 22nd October 2017. No fish will be accepted after this time. The weigh-in presentations will commence from 12:00pm Sunday 22nd October 2017 at the Sovereign Resort Hotel.
- First Prize will go to the Adult Champion angler.
- The Adult Champion Angler is defined by the closest to the random mystery weight, secondary fish will be used in the instance of a tie.
- A Limit of 3 x Barramundi and 3 Mangrove Jacks per person for the entire competition. No changes can be made.
- Fish may not be weighed in unless a valid registration card is presented.
- Mutilated or frozen fish (with damage other than gilling and gutted) will not be accepted. Fish must be kept cool on ice and in good condition.
- The competition officials will resolve disputes and their decision is final.
- All competitors must be present and possess registration card to claim any of the prizes.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Juniors are persons aged 12 years and under.
- All competitors must collect their unique competitor identification number from reception no earlier than 7am Friday 20th October 2017.
- Anglers nominations will be limited to 300 anglers and registrations are non-refundable.
- Immediate family members of Sovereign Resort Hotel staff can enter the competition but will be excluded from winning the First Place Grand Prize.
- Previous First Place Grand Prize winners will be excluded from Winning the 2017 First Place Grand Prize
- SIZE & BAG LIMITS VISIT – fisheries.qld.gov.au or call 13 25 23